On July 13th, in studio classes and camps will begin! We are pleased to be able to open our studio doors and welcome you all back for summer classes and fall registration! CDA will be operating on a LIMITED CAPACITY enrollment system. Only 8 students will be permitted in the downstairs studio, and 5 in the loft. Students wishing to join a class that becomes full to studio capacity, can register and join class via zoom. As guidelines change and more students can be within the studio, students will be moved to in person classes in the order in which they enrolled.
We understand and fully stand by those whom are not ready to return to in person activities. All of our lessons will be a hybrid of in studio classes as well as zoom classes being live streamed from CDA.
New Policies and Procedures due to COVID-19 while at CDA.
These guidelines are parallel with the guidelines of the state of NJ and other similar institutions and facilities.
Arrival and Departure
All dancers should be dropped off at CDA. The waiting room and common areas are currently closed. Parents and family members will not be permitted in the waiting room at this time. Please wait outside for a teacher to open the door prior to class allowing one student to enter (from the sidewalk for the downstairs studio and hallway for the loft) at a time.
Waiting Room Exceptions
Only one parent of each Tiny Dancer and any other child that may need assistance from a parent during class with the bathroom or otherwise may accompany their dancer into CDA and wait in the waiting rooms. No siblings or additional family members are permitted due to capacity and social distance guidelines. Parents who remain in the waiting room during their child’s class should keep distance from each other, wear a mask and leave all food and beverages outside.
Prior to entering each dancer will have their temperature taken with a no touch infrared thermometer. Students with a fever will not be permitted to class that day. If your child has any of the following symptoms for the 24 hours prior to coming to the studio they should not attend dance lessons.
- Shortness of breath
- Diarrhea or vomiting
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Or if they or any one of their family members has been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
All students will sanitize hands prior to coming into the studio.They will then find a chair to place their dance bag on and a section of the studio to take class in. Both the barres and floors will be taped to indicate where each child will take class 6ft apart from each other. Following class, the dancers will again sanitize their hands and be dismissed one dancer at a time. Classes will end 10 minutes prior to the end of their scheduled time for cleaning and dismissal processes. Please be prompt dropping off and picking up your child. The studios will be cleaned and properly disinfected between each class.
Be Ready to Dance
- Please bring only what you need for your dance lessons. Extra warm ups or accessories should be avoided.
- Each dancer should bring a water bottle with their name on it. No snacks or food is permitted in the studio at this time.
- We will not be keeping a lost and found bin, and dancers must take all belongings with them when they leave. Please do not leave behind dance bags or shoes.
- The use of shared dance items and props will be limited to things that can be properly sanitized between classes.
- Faculty will wear masks at all times. Students over the age of 5 should plan to wear a mask when entering and exiting the studio, AND during classes. Parents of children with health concerns, sensory issues or other special considerations regarding face coverings should contact the studio to discuss additional options and exceptions.
Please be sure you have an updated and signed registration form on file with us for the season you are currently registering for (summer or fall).
As we move forward please note that guidelines may change or update based upon additional or relaxed federal, state or local health suggestions and requirements. While we will make every attempt to keep CDA clean, safe and healthy, all public places hold a risk of exposure to COVID-19. By registering and attending classes, you assume those risks.
Thank you for helping to keep our students, faculty and all of our families safe and healthy. We are looking forward to the summer and season ahead.